Content & Community Manager
Do you have a passion for working with people? Love learning about technology at a deep technical level and working with authors and other subject-matter experts to help share their knowledge with others? Have the ability to find exceptional authors and successfully encourage them to write articles?
DZone is hiring a Content & Community Manager to join our growing publishing team! In this role, you’ll recruit contributors to write for DZone.com, work directly with contributors to inspire them to write more high-quality articles, help broaden the DZone footprint with our partners by providing feedback and suggestions of how they can improve their writing, and help research a variety of topics in software development.
As a Content & Community Manager, you will:
- Recruit contributors to write for DZone.com
- Work directly with contributors to help improve their articles - both from a writing and a topical perspective
- Maintain a set “stable” of contributors that you will engage and inspire
- Encourage a collaborative environment on DZone.com through daily interaction with our contributors
- Serve as an internal resource on Zone topics, research questions, and industry insights
- Gather feedback from our contributors and Zone Leaders and work closely with our internal team to help streamline and scale our site
- Develop compelling content ideas to drive engagement, conversation, and awareness on DZone.com
To do this job well, you’ll need to have the following skills (required):
- Experience as an acquisitions editor, or related editorial/publishing experience, ideally in the tech industry
- You enjoy building relationships and speaking with highly experienced, technical, intelligent people. Previous experience with communication is a plus.
- A willingness and strong desire to learn
- Superb web research skills and the ability to identify and locate exceptional writing talent
- Excellent negotiation and project management skills
- Superior copyediting and proofreading ability (including judgment and initiative to investigate the best way to express technical concepts you've only just encountered)
- You believe in our vision and culture and have a passion for connecting people with the skills and content they need to help grow their knowledge
Preferred but not required:
- Prior experience with a publishing company, or as a community manager
- Basic knowledge of software development
- Undergraduate major or minor in English, Communication, Journalism, or have a Publishing Certificate
Working for DZone
At DZone, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers. Our platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Among the most successful examples of developer communities hosted on AnswerHub is our own property, DZone.com, which is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
Hundreds of companies, including Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and eBay rely on DZone's products to create great community that drives customer engagement, collaborative improvement of their products, and increased productivity among their development teams. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration, and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
We offer comprehensive benefits for employees and family which include your choice of several comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans, a flexible time off policy, and many opportunities to help you grow your career. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for 3 years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Cary, NC at the corner of High House and Cary Parkway with views of the Prestonwood golf course.